Shooting Roots is an organisation run by and for young people, offering creative and participatory folk workshops at festivals and other events. In a nutshell it’s all about generating opportunities for young people to perform, develop friendships and access the folk arts.
We aim to do this through a three pronged attack –
- Festival projects
- Tutor training
- Grass roots projects and an online community
We are run entirely by volunteers, who think Shooting Roots is so great they’re prepared to give up their free time to make it happen. Also it’s fun, and there’s nothing quite as good as making something amazing.
The core team is:
- Robin Peters – Festival Director
- Lisa Heywood – Tutor Development/ Festival Assistant
- Maia Ayling – Development Manager
…with further organisational assistance from
- Katy Coope – website design and support
For any questions, inquiries or just to have a chat, get in touch!